Linda L. Mariani, Attorney
Attorney Linda L. Mariani has practiced in New London County since 1978. She is a graduate of Cornell University and Suffolk University School of Law and established the firm of Mariani & Reck in 1980.
Attorney Mariani is well known for her experience in divorce litigation, family law, personal injury litigation, and civil and family mediation. She serves as a Special Master for family and personal injury matters for the Connecticut Superior Court.
The Parenting Education Program - which is now required for all divorcing couples - was her brainchild. And she is a frequent lecturer at seminars for other attorneys. Admitted to the bar, 1977, Massachusetts; 1978, Connecticut; 1979, District of Columbia; 1982, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut and U.S. Supreme Court; 1997, Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court.
- Super Lawyer, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Board Certified Family Law Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2010.
- Recipient, State of Connecticut Judicial Department Certificates of Commendation, 1987, April and August, 1999.
Memberships and Associations
- Board of Directors, Dime Bank
- Deputy Assistant States Attorney, 1980-1986
- Marine Commerce and Development Commission, City of New London, 1978-1990
- Special Master and Trial Referee for State of Connecticut Judicial Department
- Middlesex Judicial District Grievance Panel, 1992-1998
- New London County Bar Association (Former President)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member: Executive Committee, Family Law Section)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member: Indian Law Executive Committee)
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- National District Attorneys' Association
- Connecticut Council of Divorce and Family Mediators (Training, 1983)
- Academy of Family Mediators (Practitioner Member)
- Board of Directors and Assistant Secretary of the New London Development Corporation
- Member, City of New London Film Commission
- Chairperson, Lawrence Memorial Hospital Major Donors Committee
- American Psychological Association (Collaborative Divorce Training, 2007)
- Matrimonial Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Mediation
- Collaborative Divorce.
(860) 443-5023 | » Email Linda L. Mariani